SINTEF Norlab conducts a wide range of chemical analyses related to environmental investigations and quality control of raw materials and products. From well-equipped, modern laboratories, we deliver inorganic and organic analyses for industrial customers and research organizations. We also provide customized testing.
SINTEF Norlab delivers customised outsourced laboratory solutions to a number of industrial companies.
SINTEF Norlab has provided quality assurance services for raw materials control, processes, and end products for industry and mining since 1989. We collect samples, prepare, and conduct chemical analyses, from raw material to final product. We have solid expertise regarding analysis methodologies and problem-solving, often based on cross-disciplinary approaches.
We conduct analyses on main and trace elements in metallic and oxidic materials, for example:
- low and high-alloy steel
- copper and nickel alloys
- aluminum and aluminum alloys
- cast iron
- silicon carbide and silica dust
- rocks, ores, and minerals
- mineral fertilizers
- coal, coke, and charcoal
- watercourse lime and agricultural lime
- miscellaneous slags
Instruments and analytical techniques
Our laboratories are well–resourced with high technological instruments and a wide variety of sample preparative methods. This enable us to effectively handle small as well as large sample batches.
- X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF)
- X-ray Powder Diffraction Spectroscopy (XRD)
- Cold Vapour Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (CV-AAS)
- Cold Vapour Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy (CV-AFS)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (DRC ICP-MS, QQQ ICP-MS, and SF ICP-MS)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Combustion analysis: element determination of C, S, O and N
- Thermogravimetry with calorimetry (TGA-DSC)
- Scanning Electron Microscope with element analysis (SEM-EDS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC/FID, GC/MS, HS GC/MS and GC/MS/MS)
- Total Organic Carbon/Dissolved Organic Carbon (TOC/DOC)